Section for Science and Mathematics Education Research and Teaching
The section pursues research into the teaching, learning and assessment of scientific and mathematical knowledge and competences at all educational levels. In particular, the research comprises:
- Teaching and learning in university science programmes.
- The use of ICT as a driver for developing the educational system.
- Teaching and learning of mathematics at all educational levels.
- Teaching and learning of physics at all educational levels.
- Teaching and learning of science in out-of-school settings.
- Assessment for and of student learning in science at all levels.
In close relation to the academic research published in leading international journals, the section also participates in several development projects both internally at the University of Copenhagen and externally within a wide variety of sectors in which mathematics and science is taught. It is a hallmark of our research to unite strong fundamental and applied research with high impact in society.
The six research groups in the section are:
Head of Section
Associate Professor Jan Alexis Nielsen