Didactics of Physics
The research group 'Didactics of Physics' investigates subject specific issues related to the teaching of physics at all levels. The group is particularly interested in learning difficulties and teaching strategies associated with the intrinsic mathematical character of physics. Furthermore, a strong emphasis is given to historical and epistemological investigations of the interplay between physics and mathematics.
- What characterizes good explanations in didactical settings (e.g. lectures, textbooks) that highlight the structural role of mathematics in physics?
- How can historical and philosophical studies on the relationship between mathematics and physics improve the teaching of these disciplines?
- What are typical difficulties to understand the application of mathematical concepts and structures (e.g. matrices, complex numbers, vector calculus, etc.) in physics? What are appropriate teaching strategies to circumvent them?
- Andrea diSessa – UC Berkeley
- Antje Heine – Technical University of Dresden
- Friedrich Herrmann – Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Ismo Koponen – University of Helsinki
- Manoel Roberto Robilotta – University of São Paulo
- Mikael Frank Rezende Junior – Federal University of Itajubá
- Débora Coimbra - Federal University of Uberlândia, Brazil
- Ricardo Lopes Coelho - University of Lisbon
- Dietmar Höttecke - University of Hamburg
- Nelson Studart Filho - UFSCar and UFABC
- Elina Palmgren - University of Helsinki
- Tuğbanur Dinçer - Hacettepe University