Britta Eyrich Jessen
Assistant professor, tenure track
2100 København Ø
Didactics of Mathematics
Projects I have been involved with:
2020-2023: Project member in TIME (Erasmus+ funded developmental project). https://time-project.eu/
2019-2021: PI in the research project SIGMA (funded by the Lundbeck Foundation). https://www.ind.ku.dk/projekter/sigma/
2017-2019 : Project member in MERIA (Erasmus+ funded developmental project). https://meria-project.eu/
2017: Project coordinator, ABaCus (collaboration with Tibalo Aps, funded by Ministry of Education, foundation for developent of digital learning ressources, resources for lower secondary mathematics).
2015-2017: Project coordinator in The MathBridge project (Funded by the A.P Møller foundation). https://www.ind.ku.dk/publikationer/inds_skriftserie/nr.-492017-matematikbroen/
2015 Project coordinator of the status and evaluation report on upper secondary mathematics education in Denmark. The report was funded by the Ministry of Education. https://www.ind.ku.dk/publikationer/inds_skriftserie/2015-42/
2014: Assisting researcher in a project funded by the Ministry of education on transition issues. https://www.ind.ku.dk/publikationer/inds_skriftserie/2014-37/
2020- : Expert on upper secondary mathematics, National center for the development of mathematics education, NCUM. https://matematikdidaktik.dk/om-ncum/
2019- :Editor of Nordic Studies in Mathematics Education, NOMAD. http://ncm.gu.se/nomad
Primary fields of research
In my research I work with:
- The Anthropological Theory of the Didactics
- Inquiry Based Mathematics Education as Study and Research Paths
- Constriants and Conditions for teaching mathematics (ecological analyses)
- Theory of Didactic Situations
- Mathematical Modelling
- Professional Development and Lesson Study
- Upper secondary mathematics education
2021: PhD course on Research on STEM teacher knowledge - hold lecture
2019: PhD course on Content Analysis in Mathematics and Science Education - Course responsible and held lecture
2012- : Introduction to Science Education (DidG) - teaching the mathematicians, held lectures, course responsible (2016)
2019- : Introduction to University Pedagogy (IUP) - Exercises and lectures
2015- : Advanced course on Didactics of mathematics (DidMatV)- co-taught, held lectures, exercise classes and supervised exam projects
PhD projects (co-supervise), Master theses (supervise, co-supervised), bachelor projekts (supervise)
Course responsible for "Matematics in change - get stated with the reform" (MiF). In- service course offered in collaboration with the association of upper secondary mathematics teachers (2017-2019).
Member of the mathematics group in Practicum for Upper Secondary Teachers (Gymnasiepædagogikum) and teaches didactics of mathematics to first year in-service teachers in mathematics (2019 - ).
- PublishedJessen, Britta Eyrich, 2020, Proceedings of the Eleventh Congress of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education.. Jankvist, U. T., Van den Heuvel-Panhuizen, M. & Veldhuis, M. (eds.). Freudenthal Group & Freudenthal Institute, Utrecht University, Netherlands, p. 1182-1189
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Article in proceedings › Research › peer-review
- PublishedJessen, Britta Eyrich, Otaki, K., Miyakawa, T., Hamanaka, H., Mizoguchi, T., Shinno, Y. & Winsløw, Carl, 2019, Working with the Anthropological Theory of the Didactic in Mathematics Education: A comprehensive casebook. Bosch, M., Chevallard, Y., Garcia, F. J. & Monaghan, J. (eds.). Routledge, p. 118-138 21 p.
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Book chapter › Research › peer-review
- PublishedJessen, Britta Eyrich, Axelsen, J. & Winsløw, Carl, 2019, Matematiklærerforeningen. 118 p.
Research output: Book/Report › Book › Education
- PublishedJessen, Britta Eyrich, 2017, In: Recherches en Didactique des Mathematiques. 37, (2/3), p. 217-245 2.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Journal article › Research › peer-review
Study and Research Paths at Upper Secondary Mathematics Education: a Praxeological and Explorative studyJessen, Britta Eyrich, 2017, Department of Science Education, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen. 214 p. (IND's Skriftserie).
Research output: Book/Report › Ph.D. thesis › Research