Didactics of Mathematics
The research group 'Didactics of Mathematics' works on subject specific and more generic problems related to the teaching of mathematics at all levels. Our main theoretical points of references include the Anthropological Theory of the Didactic and the Theory of Didactical Situations. The group holds frequent public seminars in which ongoing research by members and guests is presented and discussed.
Examples of research questions
- How are computer algebra systems currently used in secondary level mathematics?
- What interventions can ease students’ transition from calculus to (abstract) analysis ?
- What is the potential of using study and research paths as a teaching format at C-level mathematics?
- What conditions can help teachers to develop shared knowledge on inquiry based mathematics teaching?
R&D projects (current)
- TIME (Erasmus+, financed by the EU - December 2019-August 2022)
- SIGMA (3 year postdoc project, financed by the Lundbeck Foundation
- Didactical Design for Statistical Literacy, financed by the PhD Council
- MERIA (Erasmus+, financed by the EU)