Introduction to University Pedagogy (IUP)
The course provides you with the competences to plan, carry out and evaluate your own teaching. You will experience various examples of teaching as well as you will work with applying selected pedagogical principles and use these to make informed decisions about your own teaching. Finally you will be engaged in discussions of key issues concerning teaching and learning in higher education more generally.
The participants will improve their skills to:
- formulate clear and precise learning goals
- apply student activation in their lessons
- engage students through problem based activities
Aprox 1 week before the course the teachers will send you a invitation to the course room in canvas/Absalon along with more information.
The course is an intensive 5 day course, all within the same week.
5 days (Mon-Fri) with both online and onsite elements from 09:00 - 16:00 all days.
You cannot take other courses at the same time.
Participants are expected to give a short lesson during the course and contribute to discussions and the exchange of ideas based on the other participants’ lessons. Participants will prepare and teach a short lesson during the course and contribute to discussions and the exchange of ideas based on the other participants’ lessons. These lesson exercises will be used as the basis for giving specific feedback to each participant as well as a vantage point to discuss general principals of teaching.
77 working hours (47 for preparation, and 30 for course).
- PhD students and other scientific staff at the Faculties of SCIENCE
- PhD students and other scientific staff at the Faculties of SUND
3 weeks before the start of the course, it is possible to opt out, without having to pay participation fees. If you opt out beyond this date or do not show up on the course you will be charged the full participation fee, unless another participant are able to sign up for the course instead.
- PhD-students and assistant professors/postdocs attending UP from SCIENCE will have their participation fees paid for by the Faculty, IF they pass the course. IF they do not pass, participation fees will be send to the financially responsible body (typically the home institute).
- PhD students from the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences are paid for through their Graduate School.
- All other participants are required to cover any and all costs pertaining to this course themselves.
You must attend the first and last course day. Monday from 09:00 - 16:00. Friday from 09:00 - 16:00
You cannot miss more than 3 hours the rest of the course days.
Department of Science Education, Rådmandsgade 64, 2200 København N.
Dates 2022. All courses are English spoken.
- Register for August 15. - 19. From 09:00 - 16:00.
- Register for Sepetmber 12. - 16. From 09:00 - 16:00
- Register for October 10. - 14. From 09:00 - 16:00
- Register for December 12. - 16. From 09:00 - 16:00
Dates Spring/Summer 2023. All courses are English spoken.
- Register for January 30. - February 3. From 09:00 - 16:00
- Register for February 27. - March 3. From 09:00 - 16:00
- Register for March 20. - 25. From 09:00 - 16:00
- Register for April 17. - 21. From 09:00 - 16:00
- Register for May 22. - 26. From 09:00 - 16:00
- Register for June 26. - 30. From 09:00 - 16:00
- Register for August 14. - 18. From 09:00 - 16:00
The course is only offered in English.
If you have any questions please contact course secretary Nadja Nordmaj tel. +45 353-20388
Kristine Cecile Harper, Professor