Introduction to University Pedagogy (IUP)
The course provides you with the competences to plan, carry out and evaluate your own teaching. You will experience various examples of teaching as well as you will work with applying selected pedagogical principles and use these to make informed decisions about your own teaching. Finally you will be engaged in discussions of key issues concerning teaching and learning in higher education more generally.
The participants will improve their skills to:
- formulate clear and precise learning goals
- apply student activation in their lessons
- engage students through problem based activities
Aprox 1 week before the course the teachers will send you a invitation to the course room in canvas/Absalon along with more information.
|Due to the COVID-19 situation, the course has been reworked so that it is now a mix between face-to-face and online activities. We continuously evaluate the situation and consider changes in order to keep participants safe. As a result, Monday’s teaching is reduced to a half day face-to-face (either 9-12:30 or 12:30-16, depending on which team you have been assigned), while teaching is online Tuesday 8:45-12.|
The course is an intensive 4 day course (Monday, Wednesday-Friday), all within the same week. Active participation throughout the course is the criteria to pass the course.
Please, note that we expect you to do coursework on Tuesday as well. Participants will prepare and teach a short lesson during the course and contribute to discussions and the exchange of ideas based on the other participants’ lessons. These lesson exercises will be used as the basis for giving specific feedback to each participant as well as a vantage point to discuss general principals of teaching.
77 working hours (47 for preparation, and 30 for course).
- PhD students and other scientific staff at the Faculties of SCIENCE
- PhD students and other scientific staff at the Faculties of SUND
3 weeks before the start of the course, it is possible to opt out, without having to pay participation fees. If you opt out beyond this date or do not show up on the course you will be charged the full participation fee, unless another participant are able to sign up for the course instead.
- PhD-students and assistant professors/postdocs attending UP from SCIENCE will have their participation fees paid for by the Faculty, IF they pass the course. IF they do not pass, participation fees will be send to the financially responsible body (typically the home institute).
- PhD students from the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences are paid for through their Graduate School.
- All other participants are required to cover any and all costs pertaining to this course themselves.
You can only sign up for one course at a time, we reserve the right to unsubscribe if you sign up for more courses.
Department of Science Education, Rådmandsgade 64, 2200 København N.
Dates spring 2021
- Register for February 1. - 5. From 09:00 - 16:00. English spoken course
- Register for March 01. - 5. From 09:00 - 16:00. One Danish and one English spoken course
- Register for March 22. - 26. From 09:00 - 16:00. English spoken course
- Register for April 19. - 23. From 09:00 - 16:00. One Danish and one English spoken course. Reserved for UP participants. If seats left, we will open up February 2021.
- Register for May 17. - 21. From 09:00 - 16:00. English spoken course
Dates autumn 2021
- Registre for September 13. - 17. From 09:00 - 16:00. One Danish and one English spoken course
- Register for October 11. - 15. From 09:00 - 16:00. Emglish spoken course
- Register for November 15. - 19. From 09:00 - 16:00. English spoken course. Reserved for UP participants. If seats left, we will open up the middle of September 2021
- Register for November 29. - December 3. From 09:00 - 16:00. One Danish and one English spoken course
The course is offered in Danish and English versions
If you have any questions please contact course secretary Nadja Nordmaj tel. +45 353-20388
Jesper Bruun, Assistant professor