Louise Meier Carlsen
Øster Voldgade 3, 1350 København K
- Computer Algebra Systems, lower secondary school, Algebra, math teachers, math teacher education, Lesson Study, Task Design, The Anthropological Theory of Didactics.
Investigation and development of mathematics teacher knowledge on the use of CAS in the teaching of school algebra : potentials and obstacles for novice and experienced teachers:
A more refined examination of different types of spontaneous orchestrations of CAS by teachers in lower secondary school, with a special focus on school algebra (abstracted arithmetic, equation solving, functions and function modelling).
Investigate new formats to enhance teachers’ autonomous work with such orchestrations, including tools to assess the impact of specific CAS use on student learning.
To identify potentials and obstacles for the idea that CAS-use might serve to introduce students to more advanced mathematical topics and working modes (such as modeling, and simple theoretical reasoning).
Undervisnings- og vejledningsområder
- Numbers, Arithemtic and Algebra,
- Introduction to Geometry,
- Introduction to Analysis,
- Calculus 3,
- Projects in the didactics of mathematics.