The course will qualify you to prepare, implement and evaluate a teaching program in a manner that best supports student learning in relation to the formulated learning objectives. Furthermore, it is a goal that you will be able to contribute to the continued development of the quality of teaching.
Participants will develop competencies to
- focus on student learning in planning of teaching and assessment of students
- use a variety of teaching formats
- design evaluations and exams
- develop and design courses
- offer supervision (for students as well as colleagues)
- use technologies that support student interaction and learning
- formulate student learning outcomes
- produce a teaching portfolio
The course consists of a theoretical part and a practical part. The theoretical part consists of central educational theories and research that can provide participants with the basis to make informed decisions about their own teaching. The practical part requires the participants to develop their own teaching with the support of both an educational and a department supervisor.
- Faculty members at SCIENCE. Please note that all teaching faculty members at SCIENCE (except post docs) hired after September 1st, 2013 are required to take this course unless they can document similar teacher qualifications.
- Faculty members at SUND
- Other interested university teachers
IUP (Introduction to University Pedagogy) or a similar course on university teaching and learning. However, you may take IUP as a part of the course and participants without this prerequisite will be required to do so in order to complete Universitetspædagogikum.
You will see the participation fee under each course.
Department of Science Education, Rådmandsgade 64, 2200 København N.
The programme is offered four times a year, beginning in January, April/May, August and November. The duration of the programme is a full year. See the left menu.
The course is English spoken.
For participants with a short employment contract at the University of Copenhagen
If your contract runs out within 12 months of the beginning of the course, it is possible to participate only in module 1 and get a certificate for that. You can then rejoin the course for module 2 when your employment continues. You will then get a full course certificate. Module 1 covers the theme on student learning, including an inquiry into student learning and getting started with your teaching portfolio and peer supervision. It contains the first 2 ½ course days, and has an estimated workload of around 40 hours.
If you have any questions please contact the course secretary Nadja Nordmaj, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +45 353-20388