The course will qualify you to prepare, implement and evaluate a teaching program in a manner that best supports student learning in relation to the formulated learning objectives. Furthermore, it is a goal that you will be able to contribute to the continued development of the quality of teaching.
Participants will develop competencies to
- focus on student learning in planning of teaching and assessment of students
- use a variety of teaching formats
- design evaluations and exams
- develop and design courses
- offer supervision (for students as well as colleagues)
- use technologies that support student interaction and learning
- formulate student learning outcomes
- produce a teaching portfolio
The course consists of a theoretical part and a practical part. The theoretical part consists of central educational theories and research that can provide participants with the basis to make informed decisions about their own teaching. The practical part requires the participants to develop their own teaching with the support of both an educational and a department supervisor.
- Faculty members at SCIENCE. Please note that all teaching faculty members at SCIENCE (except post docs) hired after September 1st, 2013 are required to take this course unless they can document similar teacher qualifications.
- Faculty members at SUND
- Other interested university teachers
IUP (Introduction to University Pedagogy) or a similar course on university teaching and learning. However, you may take IUP as a part of the course and participants without this prerequisite will be required to do so in order to complete Universitetspædagogikum.
DKK 33 000 per participant. Course costs for faculty members from SCIENCE are covered by the Faculty as part of the faculty's Quality Assurance Policy.
Department of Science Education, Rådmandsgade 64, 2200 København N.
Dates 2020 & 2021
The programme is offered twice a year, beginning in August and January. The duration of the programme is a full year. See the left menu.
The programme is offered in a Danish and English version.
August course is offered in English.
January course is offered in both English and Danish.
If you have any questions please contact the course secretary Nadja Nordmaj, email@example.com, tel. +45 353-20388