Research Group on History and Philosophy of Science and Science Studies
Head of Research Group on History and Philosophy of Science and Science Studies: Professor (wsr) Henrik Kragh Sørensen.
The Research Group on History and Philosophy of Science and Science Studies encompasses the history and philosophy of the sciences broadly conceived while focused on integrative approaches to history and philosophy of science and on philosophy of science in practice. It holds special expertise in the philosophy of the life sciences, the history and philosophy of mathematics, the philosophy of interdisciplinarity. Research in the group is also directed at other areas of history and philosophy of science that are of special importance to practicing scientists, science policy, and science education.
Among the topics of current research are biosemiotics, philosophy of mathematical practice, history and philosophy of computer science, and history and philosophy of responsible conduct of research.
The Research Group for History and Philosophy of Science and Science Studies manages the Danish Research Network for Philosophy of Science (funded by the Danish Research Council for the Humanities from 2011 to 2015). Researchers and educators in philosophy of science can sign up for the network’s listserv and join the network’s groups on Facebook or LinkedIn.
Other HPS institutions in Denmark
Units dedicated to history and philosophy of science and medicine include
In addition, historians and philosophers of science are found at
- Section for Geometric Analysis and Mathematical Physics (Department of Mathematics)
- Section for Philosophy (Department of Media, Cognition and Communication)
- Section for Section for Consumption, Bioethics and Governance (Department of Food and Resource Economics).
Units dedicated to history and philosophy of science and science studies include
- The Humaniomics Research Programme, Aalborg University (Copenhagen Campus)
- History of Ideas and Science, Lund University
- Danish Museum of Science & Technology
- History of Technology, Technical University of Denmark
- Technologies in Practice, IT University of Copenhagen
- Danish Network for Philosophy of Science
- Danish Network for History and Philosophy of Computer Science
- Danish Society for the History of Science
- Danish Society for the History of Technology
- Dansk selskab for medicinens filosofi, etik og metode (DSMFEM)
- Dansk medicin-historisk selskab
- Den danske nationalkomité for videnskabshistorie og videnskabsteori
- Danish Association for Science and Technology Studies (DASTS)